Tranexamic Acid helps to reduce and prevent the appearance of hyperpigmentation and improves the appearance of both resistant dark spots and translucent reddish spots caused by surface blood vessels. The results of applying it can be observed, therefore, in multiple aesthetic pathologies, from melasma, solar lentigos, or senile hyperkeratosis, to rosacea, through to post-acne marks or those caused by certain aesthetic treatments.
In all cases, Tranexamic Acid achieves a unique depigmenting, whitening, and mattifying effect that restores uniformity and luminosity to the skin, making it currently one of the leading lighteners for blemished skin.
Tranexamic Acid is indicated for the of hyperpigmentation from various origins, both endogenous and exogenous:
• Genetic or hormonal: melasma, chloasma or pregnancy mask, spots during menopause or caused by taking contraceptives.
• Age: solar lentigo or senile spots, also called liver spots.
• Genetic predisposition, such as ephelides (commonly freckles, typical of phototypes I and II).
• Postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.
• Deposits of endogenous metabolic products.
• Vascular disorders, such as rosacea or couperose (spider veins).
• Skin lesions such as acne.
• Exposure to UV rays, pollution or other external aggressions.
• Taking prescription drugs.
• Certain medical-aesthetic treatments, such as lasers.
In addition, it achieves an improvement of wrinkles induced by dry skin.
Due to its depigmenting effect:
• Elimination of dark skin spots, such as senile spots, lentigines, melasma, contraceptive spots, corticosteroids, spots from exposure to sun or pollution, etc.
• Correction of photoaging.
• Prevention of the appearance of hyperpigmentation such as melasma.
• Reduction of darkness in the area of brownish dark circles.
• Removal of blemishes resulting from inflammation and other lesions, such as acne.
Due to its vasoconstrictor effect:
• Reduction of the reddish tone of blood vessels: corrects and prevents rosacea and couperose.
Other effects on the skin:
• It evens out the skin tone to make it more homogeneous.
• It lightens the skin with some types of hyperpigmentation.
• Brightens the complexion.
• Reduces wrinkles caused by dry skin.